Improving the Quality of Early Childhood Programs in Contra Costa County
The mission of the The Contra Costa County Local Planning and Advisory Council for Early Care and Education is to promote quality childcare through community assessment, advocacy, resource development, and collaboration with other organizations.
The Local Planning and Advisory Council (LPC), in partnership with public and private entities, works to improve child care and early education opportunities in Contra Costa County.
Our goals are to:
- ASSESS the County’s overall child care needs once every five years
- SUPPORT training and professional development of child care educators
- DEVELOP priorities for allocation of federal Child Care Grant funds
- COLLABORATE with community organizations & government agencies to provide families the best possible child care
- PREPARE countywide child care plan to mobilize public & private resources
- PROMOTE access to quality child care and development services
LPC Reports and Assessments