AB212 Component 1
Individual Professional Growth & Development
Table of Contents
The Contra Costa County Office of Education and the Local Planning and Advisory Council for Early Care and Education (LPC) recognize that it is important for early childhood educators to continue to develop education plans which support degree attainment. Services are available which:
- Provide on-going and relevant professional development opportunities for early care and education (ECE) professionals.
- Mobilize resources and information in the early care and education field through the development and nurturing of cross-agency partnership and collaborations.
- Connect ECE professionals with local agencies, professional associations, educational institutions and resources that contribute to their professional growth and development.
How do you benefit from participation in the AB212 Program?
AB212 Program participants have access to:
- Support for processing Child Development Permits and a Temporary County Certificate is issued by the Contra Costa County Office of Education, Credentialing Unit upon request.
- Financial stipends and incentives which are available when AB212 Program requirements are completed.
- Individualized advising and coaching services are offered to obtain/renew/upgrade California Child Development Permits.
- Customized resources, instructional tools, technology, and professional development events and activities that support career and education advancement.
- Professional development and training opportunities.
Educators interested in participating in the AB212 Program need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be employed in a licensed state-funded child care facility
- Work directly with children ages 0-12 years who receive state subsidized child care services
- Be employed 15 hours a week or more with the same state-funded child care employer for nine (9) months preceding a stipend request
- Must not have completed a Bachelor’s or higher degree
- Intend to continue working at the same facility
Program Participation Requirements
Participation in the AB212 Professional Development and Retention Program will require participants to commit to the following:
- Complete and submit a Professional Growth Plan & Record (PGP&R). (Click here to access form). A PGP&R for current permits is required for ALL permit holders who wish to participate in the AB212 Professional Development Program. Technical assistance and coaching to develop a Professional Growth Plan and Record is available through the AB212 Professional Development Program
- Complete a minimum of six college units, as approved on a current Education Plan with a community college.
- Develop and implement a Quality Improvement Plan (QIP), related to Desired Results of children from Spring 2014. Agree to provide the most recent Desired Results Classroom or Program Action Plan (Available from your supervisor).
- Obtain and submit required supplemental information which includes: a) an Education Plan and b) Professional Growth Plan and Record to be submitted with my AB212 Application and Planning Tool Form.
- Agree to review all program deadlines and submit a complete application packet to the Contra Costa County Office of Education by the established deadline of October 1st, 2014.
- Agree to check e-mail regularly for AB212 information and requirement updates.
- An Education Plan is required if a BA/BS degree has not been completed.
- Create a professional development plan. (PDF – click to view)
- All participants are required to complete a new AB212 Application and Planning Tool even if no information has changed. Applications must be submitted by October 1, 2014 for eligibility for funding in 2014-2015.
- An AB212 Program representative will sign the Application and Planning Tool form after it is reviewed and approved. Changes or modifications to the Application and Planning Tool form need to be approved before implementation.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 1, 2014
Please include the following documents when you return your packet:
- Signed AB212 Application and Planning Tool Form
- Education Plan or Professional Growth Plan and Record
- Copy of Desired Results Classroom or Program Action Plan
Please submit completed documents listed above to:
Contra Costa County Office of Education
AB212 Professional Development and Retention Program
Attn: Terrissa Hein, Education Liaison
77 Santa Barbara Road Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
To download the AB212 Application and Planning Tool, Click Here
|Due Date:||Documents Needed:|
|October 1, 2014||Application and Planning Tool form (must be received on or before, with all required attachments)|
|April 15, 2015||Quality Improvement Project Reflection Summary form (must be received on or before)|
|May 31, 2015||
|To assist you in tracking these important dates, please print this document. (click here)|
AB212 STIPENDS for PROGRAM YEAR 2014-2015
The amount of the incentives will be based on the number of eligible applications received by October 1, 2015 and who have completed all requirements for eligibility by May 31, 2015.
First priority will be given for completion of Annual Participation requirements. Completion of degree during 2014 – 2015 school year will be given second priority for incentives. Lost Wages stipend requests will be considered, as well. Click here to download Frequently Asked Questions document.