Annual Young Children’s Issues Forum
Speak Out for All Children – Become a Sponsor!
We invite you to partner with us by becoming a sponsor and/or a partner in the Annual Young Children’s Issues Forum. If you’re interested in collaborating or sponsoring this year’s event, click the link below.
Become a Sponsor!
13th Annual Young Children’s Issues Forum 2017 “Speak Out for All Children: Educate & Advocate” will air on CCTV on:
- Parts 1 & 2, Sunday, 4/2 at 10:00 AM
- Parts 1 & 2, Tuesday, 4/4 at 6:00 PM
- Parts 1 & 2, Sunday, 4/9 at 10:00 AM
- Part 1, Monday, 4/10 at 1:00 PM
- Parts 1 & 2, Tuesday, 4/11 at 6:00 PM
- Part 2, Thursday, 4/12 at 1:00 PM
- Part 1, Monday, 4/17 at 1:00 PM
- Part 2, Thursday, 4/19 at 1:00 AM
The above programming will be available to watch on CCTV (Comcast Channel 27, ATT/U-Verse Channel 99, and Astound Channel 32)
For additional air dates please visit CCTV’s program guide at www.contrascostatv.org
~ SAVE THE DATE ~
The 14th Annual Young Children’s Issues Forum 2017
“Speak Out for All Children: Educate and Advocate”
Our 14th annual forum will be held on Saturday, March 17, 2017 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The LPC greatly encourages the participation of the community at large which includes state legislators, local officials, business leaders, community agencies, parents, child care providers, and teachers.
The Annual Young Children’s Issues Forum has a track record of successfully engaging a diverse group of community members; some of our past event outcomes and highlights include:
- Recipient of the 2012 California School Public Relations Association (CalSPRA) California Gold Award.
- Recognized by the California Child Development Administrators Association (CCDAA) for
outstanding accomplishments in the area of legislation in support of child development, March 2011.
- Joint State Senate & Assembly Resolutions in 2012 and 2014 in recognition of the LPC’s exemplary role as the catalyst for promoting civic and community engagement to increase awareness regarding socio-economic issues facing children and families in the Bay Area and beyond.
- Convened over 350 community members and state legislators.
For more information, please call Ruth Fernández at 925-942-3413 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinated by the Contra Costa County Office of Education
The Young Children’s Issues Forum is an annual community event sponsored and organized by the Contra Costa County Local Planning and Advisory Council for Early Care and Education (LPC) and coordinated by the Contra Costa County Office of Education. The purpose of the event is to:
- Provide a forum for discussion among state legislators, local officials, and the community regarding current children’s issues
- Provide the community with tangible advocacy tools, resources, and opportunities to become active in the policy-making and legislative process
Our state is challenged with many budgetary, systemic, and policy issues that impact children and families. The annual forum acknowledges the paramount importance of dialogue among stakeholders in a community as the vehicle to widen the breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding of key issues in the areas of education, health and social welfare which directly impact young children and their families.
The Contra Costa County Local Planning and Advisory Council for Early Care and Education wishes to thank all of our sponsors for their generous contributions and support for the 12th Annual Young Children’s Issues Forum