Annual Young Children’s Issues Forum
Speak Out for All Children – Become a Sponsor!
We invite you to partner with us by becoming a sponsor and/or a partner in the Annual Young Children’s Issues Forum. If you’re interested in collaborating or sponsoring this year’s event, click the link below.
Become a Sponsor!
The 14th Annual Young Children’s Issues Forum 2018
“Speak Out for All Children: Educate and Advocate”
Saturday, March 17, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Registration and resource fair, and continental breakfast begins at 8:30 a.m.
Join state legislators, local elected officials, business leaders, early childhood teachers, families, and community advocates in a dialogue about proposed statewide initiatives, public policy trends and its impact on investments in early education and workforce pathways for teachers.
Certificates showing 3 hours of professional growth will be given to attendees at the end of the Forum.
Workforce Focus Group Discussion: Professional Development Opportunities in Early Care and Education
Saturday, March 17, 2018 from 12:00 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Focus Group participant lunch follows the Forum, table discussion begins at 12:30 p.m.
Pre-registration required for the Focus Group
Join teachers, providers, and community advocates in a table discussion focusing on possible new professional development opportunities for early care and education teachers in Contra Costa County.
Certificates showing 5 hours of professional growth will be given to participants after the Focus Group who have attended the Forum AND the Focus Group.
The Annual Young Children’s Issues Forum has a track record of successfully engaging a diverse group of community members; some of our past event outcomes and highlights include:
- Recipient of the 2012 California School Public Relations Association (CalSPRA) California Gold Award.
- Recognized by the California Child Development Administrators Association (CCDAA) for
outstanding accomplishments in the area of legislation in support of child development, March 2011.
- Joint State Senate & Assembly Resolutions in 2012 and 2014 in recognition of the LPC’s exemplary role as the catalyst for promoting civic and community engagement to increase awareness regarding socioeconomic issues facing children and families in the Bay Area and beyond.
- Convened over 350 community members and state legislators.
For more information, please call Melody Yee at 925-942-5313 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinated by the Contra Costa County Office of Education
The Young Children’s Issues Forum is an annual community event sponsored and organized by the Contra Costa County Local Planning and Advisory Council for Early Care and Education (LPC) and coordinated by the Contra Costa County Office of Education. The purpose of the event is to:
- Provide a forum for discussion among state legislators, local officials, and the community regarding current children’s issues
- Provide the community with tangible advocacy tools, resources, and opportunities to become active in the policy-making and legislative process
Our state is challenged with many budgetary, systemic, and policy issues that impact children and families. The annual forum acknowledges the paramount importance of dialogue among stakeholders in a community as the vehicle to widen the breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding of key issues in the areas of education, health and social welfare which directly impact young children and their families.
The Contra Costa County Local Planning and Advisory Council for Early Care and Education wishes to thank all of our sponsors for their generous contributions and support for the 13th Annual Young Children’s Issues Forum