Provided by Joann Rossi, Early Head Start
The Learning Language and Loving It Program was designed to provide early childhood educators with practical strategies for helping all children in the classroom build language and social skills, no matter what their learning and communication styles are, and even if they have special needs.
- Promote every child’s language development using natural everyday activities, routines and play
- Become attuned to individual children’s communication styles in order to engage every child in frequent, positive interactions
- Become responsive to individual children and follow their lead
- Adjust the way they talk to help children learn language and, in time, develop contextualized language
- Promote positive peer interaction, especially for socially isolated children
- Facilitate language-learning in pretend play, including increasing children’s ability to engage in pretend play
- Foster emergent literacy skills by making print “talk” in the classroom
6:30 p.m. check-in.
Questions: Call Kimberly Nguyen at 925-265-6454 or email at email@example.com
Training host: CocoKids