Provided by Angee Dowdy, OTR/L, owner of SUMA KIDS
This training will focus on Sensory Processing Disorders and how it affects children. During this training, participants will learn the necessary tools to identify sensory behaviors, and then set up simple and appropriate strategies for school success.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the terms ‘sensory integration’ and ‘sensory processing disorder’
- Describe the functions of the main sensory systems
- Recognize different types of behavior arising from sensory processing disorder
- Understand how sensory processing disorder impacts regulation, engagement, learning and behavior
- Identify red flags, develop and implement strategies
- When to discuss Occupational Therapy with Caregivers
8:30 a.m. check-in.
Questions: Call Kimberly Nguyen at 925-265-6454 or email at email@example.com
Training host: CocoKids